
I'm sorry but I must rant on my Blog today. Sunday night was the annual Grammy award show. I ended up watching some of it, but must admit I am not a big fan of these kind of shows, because I feel a lot of the times they don't really award some of the talent that needs to be awarded. Which leads me to my title of this post. I'm sorry but Coldplay is not a rock band. Yes I like Coldplay, and I do have their music. But I also feel this last CD sounded a lot like their last CD. What I am all revved up about, is that they won for Best Rock Album... HELLO - never heard them played on any rock stations around here. Here are bands that are rock Hinder, Saving Abel, but did they even get nominated or mention? And, both of those groups have newer albums out, and what about Kid Rock? His last album has done very well, and if anything "All Summer Long" was played a heck of a lot more then Coldplay's Viva La Vida. Oh and I hear Kid Rock on a Rock Station... Plus Kid can sing live... Chris Martin not so much...
On the flip side - kudo's to Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Adele, Duffy... Good stuff!
Okay, stepping off the vent box. Just needed that one of my chest. I enjoy music a bunch, and when I see this crud, it makes me a bit mad.








2 comments:
You know what? I agree! Especially about this new album sounding like their last. Mike and I were just talking about that the other day.
Chris Martin has also stole alot of Bono's moves in his live performance, but at least he admits it. :0)
Totally agree with you Carolyn. You would never hear COldplay on any of the rock stations around here. Ripoff jesh. Have you seen Kid on Storyteller? It's a new performance with stuff from the new cd as well as his 'classics'. Great stuff, goes into the background of the tunes. And he is so awesome live!
Post a Comment