If you're like me and enjoy reading - you must remember your local library - because you might also be like me and always go out and buy the books you read. I'm not saying I won't buy anymore books, but I now will visit my local library a bit more then I use to. I will also make that mental note to remember to mark my calendar when they have their annual book sales. You really can find lots of good books at a good price. I am also going to donate some books for their book sale. Our libraries are a great resource that we can't afford to lose.
This is one of the books

I have recently checked out of my library. I was directed to reading this book from Amy, who is doing a book club, and I have to say it was a good read, along with those laugh out loud moments. I am now reading another book by Jennifer Crusie that I got from the library. I hope it's as funny as this one was. This author is new for me, but I needed some new author to add to my read list. Another good point about using the library, you check out different authors for free. Nothing can beat Free!
7 comments:
We are chronic library users here! :0)
But we are also lucky to have a great library system. There are at least six great libraries within a 10 minute drive or less. We take turns going depending on what activities they have going on or book availablility. One of them even has a homework helper, so we'll go after school so Evan can get homework done. And then I can chase Erin around.
Love it!!
We are huge supporters of the Public Library! My kids have always been avid avid readers and when they were reading a book in less than a day, I decided it was time to stop buying them and hit the Library! My dd is a senior this year and is at the Library twice a week! I have become addicted to audio books that I download from the Library! And we borrow DVD's too....so many things at the Library!!! Love the book sales too!
Girl I am so with you on the library. We've been avid users of our libraries since forever. We're also very blessed to have an amazing library system here that allows inter-library loans of all media so no need for Blockbuster or Red Box for me either.
I can not tell you the last time I bought a book. I have a list waiting for me on the library site. I love librarys and donate when I can.
We love the library too, but don't go consistently during the school year. I go much more often in the summer.
In general, I don't buy a lot of brand new books for myself (more for the kids), so I use the library and flea markets and used bookstores for books I want to read.
Love the library, don't have enough time to drive down there and get stuff though. We get hassled by our Township for checking books out to....since we are not "townies". Still love the library for those books you just can't get.
CAROLYN!!!! Been missing you my friend!
I was thinking about you when we bought our U2 tickets for Oct. and our Jimmy Buffett tickets for this weekend....wooo hoooo!
^^^FINS UP!!^^^
Hope you are doing great lady!
Post a Comment