Saturday, December 08, 2007

Just another Tag

This morning I headed to Mom's store and stocked up on Ranger products and a few stamps, then I came home and put together this tag. Now this is no way as good as Tim's, but with a bit more practice I think I can create a better one, then the one I posted. My tip when doing this one, is to really flick the tag, after you put the embossing powder on it. You really don't want a perfect embossed tag, like I got when I did mine. When it comes time to ink over your embossed tag, you will know why you needed more of the powder to fall off. These tags are really fun to do, and I highly recommend trying some of the ones he has posted on his blog.
Another exciting thing happen this week, my little ol' blog was featured on Scrap Scene. How cool is that! They were linking because of my MM embellishment centers I put on my wall. Have I told you how much I love those units. I do! I do! Today I picked up the MM Desktop Organizer, so after I clean up my mess that I have created, I will be putting 3 of these in my scrap area. Just another thing to have in hopes to become more organized.

Here is my new toy!
It's the Phrase Maker from Around the Block. I was able to play with this product at Summer CHA, and have been waiting until I could actually own one, and now I do. I plan on playing with it later today, maybe I'll have something to share tomorrow, after I use it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Carolyn congrats on being featured on Scrap Scene way cool, and I love the tag...I've never really tried anything like that before...I was trying to email you back to thank you for visiting my blog and the nice comment you left, but for some reason your email wasn't coming up in your profile... THANKS!!!

Picture This said...

You are TOO COOL! Scrap Scene, how cool is that? Our M's just got the MM organizers in this week. Awesome, but not right for my walls. Great tags you are making girlie. And you got the tag maker....you lucky ducky!

Christi said...

Yay for making ScrapScene! Your tag is gorgeous and I am soooo jealous that you can just run down to your mom's store for supplies!! Have fun with your new toy! smiles...

Theresa said...

another Fab Tag!! That room is certainly getting you in the creative flow, and a mention on ScrapScene - yeah!!
I'm with Christi - jealous that you have a good scource for supplies!!!!

Tina said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with the phrase maker, you know you get replacements for the shinny tapes, just email ATB, they are not the right kind.