Friday, April 04, 2008

Sneak Peek Friday

A little peek at my ATC for Amy's ATC swap. I'm not sure if they are completely done yet. I have this feeling that they need something added to them, but I am not sure what yet. So I am going to stare at them for a bit longer and see if I can figure it out or not. My non-crafter hubby Don thinks they are fine the way they are, but remember he is a non-crafter, so this makes me think twice on taking his opinion on this one. Ha!

This week in the music world, R. E. M. released their 14th studio album. It's getting great reviews, and I was so lucky to have this week off from work, and was able to see them play on the Today's show, where they played some new stuff off the album. I loved what I heard, and will probably download this one.

Today I got noticed that Journey is going to be here in September. I may get tickets for this one, but I do wish it was Steve Perry singing lead. But, this is one of the bands on my must see list, and if I do see them I would be able to check it off the must see list. Here is an unknown fact about me - It was 1984 when I was suppose to go see Journey w/Brian Adams when I was struck with strep throat and was so sick that I was unable to go. Just to think that this was when Steve sang with them too... such a bummer.

Yes, Amy you were close to what I paid for those Jimmy Buffett tickets, just add $40 more to that total... Crazy I tell ya, but Don really wants to see him in concert. It will be worth!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Go see Journey, the new lead singer sounds just like Steve Perry! I saw Journey in 1978, it was my first concert.

Your ATC peek looks great.

dianna said...

Holy Cow...all of the music you just mentioned is AWESOME~love love it*!*

I just ordered Journey's greatest hits yesterday...I can't wait :)

I'm in the ATC swap too...the card you're making for me IS missing a little something. Just slap a folded up $50 bill on there and I'm sure it will complete the look quite nicely.

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Hey Carolyn! Hope it warms up for you there - 40's doesn't seem like spring break weather to me-LOL! Love the ATC....can't wait to see more!

Picture This said...

What I see of the card looks great, but you are the artist, you know what it's missing.

Go to the concert, it will be worth it, even without Steve Perry.

WE had warm weather here, so you should be getting it soon....lol

Jeanne said...

I think the card looks great. I'm blown away with what you girls are doing with the ATCs. Can't imagine Journey without Steve but if the new singer sounds like him you could go and close your eyes hehe. On Buffett, you wearing tropical shirts? Gotta be true Parrotheads now! The money's worth it, I hear his shows aren't just concerts, like a big party. I have a missed concert story. Van Halen in 1981, I was way pregnant with Crystal and Matt went with our nephew. 'Sigh'

Amy said...

I soooo can't wait to see your cards...and Journey is coming here too, I really want to see them I think they're coming with REO Speedwagon, talk about "old skool!"

Colors of Me said...

the card looks great so far! all your cards do!! i would love to go see journey - i also want to go see bon jovi - but dh doesn't do concerts LOL!

Christi said...

Hey, Carolyn!! Look, I am finally making the time to blog-hop! I can't wait to see the rest of your ATC...I have REALLY gotta get started on mine.

I just love what you have been doing with your deck of me! ...and I am so jealous about your bind-it-all. I really want one, but think that it would probably just take up storage space if I bought one. :p smiles...

Mary Jo said...

I definitely need to check out the new REM!