Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Summer Adventures

There are two things I would careless if I ever attend. First it would be a circus, and second would be a Fair. Now if you live in Michigan like I do, the Summer is full of Festivals & Fairs. Also if you have kids and live in Michigan, attending one of these events is unavoidable. You will get sucked in!

Thank goodness the oldest child can take youngest child on these rides. Now I did find the face of this ride interesting

Ok the oldest has her arms up, but you cannot see the youngest, maybe that would be because she is hiding so hard in that seat. Poor Samantha looks like she is riding solo. After the Fair we visited the Tridge. I prefer this to a Fair any day. (please click on photos to see larger photos)

The Tridge is a bridge that has 3 cross overs to different parks. People go here to ride bikes, run, skateboard, splash park, baseball, and fish in the river. It's really an interesting and pretty place to visit. The statue you are seeing in the picture, is called Couples. I love they are set up to view the Tridge. Gosh can you believe I actually had a camera with me and took pictures. I believe we are going somewhere this weekend. I'm just not sure exactly where this road trip will take us.
On a different note. I am now finished with the Twilight series. Wow, was that a lot of reading. I enjoy the stories, and believe they are a great read for teenagers. I do plan on seeing the movie when it comes out in December, the trailers for the movie look really good.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Great pics Carolyn!

I too love the Egyptian face on that ride!

I have never seen The Tridge but must add it to my "To Visit" list!

Of course you can add me to you list of bloggers! That would be an honor! Thanks for asking! May I do the same?

DawnW said...

Hmmm, missed the Tridge on my visit last summer, I guess I will HAVE to come again....

I agree with the not wanting to go to fairs and festivals...unless they have really REALLY good cheese curds...the deep fried kind that are really REALLY bad for you...then, I will go....:).

Jeanne said...

Cool pics. I'm not a fan of the rides either. Don't know what it is but since having Crystal they just scare me or something. I did go on one similar to that Egyptian one some years ago and it scared the crap out of me. Maybe that's part of my fear of those rides too. Like fairs for the food and all the lights. That park looks beautiful and I love that bridge!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. I hate big rides. Thank goodness for my husband.

Have a great weekend.

Mary Jo said...

That Tridge is cool!
Evan would love that and the Egyptian face on the ride :0)

I definitely plan on seeing the Twilight movie, but am just starting book three!

Rita said...

The Tridge looks pretty! I had never heard of it before.

I am not a ride person either! That Pharoah ride is neat looking though (as long as you're not actually on it, right?? LOL).