Monday, August 18, 2008

Renaissance Festival + Fishing Day

Click to play Ren. Festival + Fishing
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Our weekend - I have to say it was perfect weather, usually when we go to the Renaissance Festival it is usually way to hot, but it ended up being a very nice day. As like anytime you go to the Ren. Fest. you see some interesting things. So I am sharing you with you just a tad of my photos that were taken. (Shocking..I know, I took photos)
I do have to clear up one thing, about me. I do like to go on rides, just not the ones at a local carnivals(aka fairs). Take me to Michigan Adventure or Cedar Point, and I will go on any of the rides there. Call me a daredevil. LOL As you can see from the photos we did a little fishing. Okay I didn't fish. I had a nice comfy chair and caught some sun rays. Sarah was the one who wanted to go fishing, and she was well equip with her snoopy fishing pool. She did manage to catch a little fish. Don't worry no harm came to the fish. The fish was returned back to the water.
Someday, I may post some crafting. I did play with some Cuttlebug dies last night, does that count? LOL
Finally, tonight the new season for The Hills start, cannot wait to see this seasons drama.

6 comments:

DawnW said...

You took photos and made a slide show.....impressive!

Daredevil woman, you can do all the riding of carnival rides all you want, but after that horrible experience we had on a ride in Vegas a few years ago you won't find ME on a ride again. I didn't see you up on the pole at Coyote Ugly.....who was the Daredevil that night....lol!

Great pix, I will have to check them out more.

Carolyn said...

but see dear...I can't climb the platform to get to that Coyote pole (remember old knees here)... or it would of been one heck of a pole dancing show... LOL But we had you there. So it was all good, we were represented at Coyote Ugly. wink!

Jeanne said...

oohh I like your slideshow. Very spiffy. The pics are great and it looks like lots of fun. Been reading some historical fiction and that looks like it'd be cool to check out. Especially liked the "knight" getting ready to joust..hehe. The fishing hole looks like a nice spot to fish and catch rays. Good times!

Rita said...

I am so happy to see you are having TONS of fun during your summer break!! What a GREAT slideshow!

Anil P said...

The costumes were quite a treat to see. I couldn't quite understand which characters the costumes were after. Local legends? Characters from folklore?

Carolyn said...

Anil - http://www.michrenfest.com/ - really the people are dressing up to represent an Era - I believe it was the 1400's - 1700's of eastern Europe.
We just go to the Festival for the entertainment only.