You might be asking why a photo of Jimmy Cricket. Well I have a cricket story to share with you. The other night I went to put a load of clothes in the washer. This is something I do pretty much everyday, so I don't have ton of laundry to do. So I go and open the lid to the washer, and lo & behold, there is this big huge black field cricket in my washer. Yikes! First, thing that comes to mind, is how the heck does a cricket get inside a closed washer, and second I must get this critter out of my washer (insert Don was at work). Since I am such an expert at capturing crickets, NOT! I go and get a paper towel and make the attempt to capture him that why. Let's just say the first 3 attempts were unsuccessful, with the result of an escape. Yes, you read that correct. I have a cricket escapee in my house. Guess what? Crickets aren't quiet. LOL This one is singing his darn head off, and believe me a cricket in the house, is a lot louder then one outside. I think I need a professional to get this bugger out of my house. hee hee
Well I made it through the first week of work. Just let me say it's going to be a long school season. I would also like to send out a "stay safe" to all my Florida and East Coast friends. These hurricanes/tropical storms look quite nasty. Stay Safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
That is so funny. I hate crickets. I watched a pet for a friend, and thats what it ate. Needless to say, they chirped all night. I feel for you.
Good luck at work.
Hello !
Where are Gepetto and Pinocchio ???
hehe I definitely feel for you Carolyn. Don't like bugs and noisy ones are definitely not an exception. We got one in our house once and I have to tell you I used the vacuum. Now I also have to say when you put Jimminy Cricket's face to it I feel really bad. hehe
what is with those things...they are bugging the heck out of me too all of a sudden. I have one in the bathroom and one in my basement...dirty buggers.
Good luck removing your pal from the house.
Carolyn, I'm trying not to laugh...really I am.
I think that's darn funny~I'm picturing you with a crazed look on your face creaping around trying to find him (its gotta be a him...annoying sounds?...um yeah) and with every chirp you cringing and twising your face up. It would be a great Looney Toons episode.
Jiminy?
Crickets are actually good luck. Hopefully the little guy will make it out of your house eventually before he croaks. (ick!)
So funny...Are you getting any sleep.... Crickets are pretty loud...
Ugh, bugs and creepy crawly things!
We are having problems with spiders right now. But at least those are quiet :0)
Post a Comment