Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Say it isn't so........


Polaroid camera
Originally uploaded by farmerleener
News is hitting the airwaves, that they are going to stop making the film for the Polaroid camera. Oh you might be sitting there saying, why is this a problem? Well I own one of these camera, and yes I might not use it often. Ok, I hardly ever use it, but that's not the point here. The point is to think that if I did want to use it, I wouldn't be able too, because the film is no longer around, and just thinking about it, is just plain sad.

Now for some happy news - The Hills have returned, and that makes me happy. Now if the waiting for Grey's & Housewives to air again would be over with, life would be just peachy.

9 comments:

Mary Jo said...

It's like the end of an era, isn't it?
Happy Easter!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! This is really sad. So many photographers use still experiment with these wonderful cameras and use them artistically. I hope that there is a lot of film stashed around, otherwise we're losing an art form forever.

Caroly, I'm mailing your surprise tomorrow. It's ready to go!

Picture This said...

Ahhh the POLAROID camera, I had one of those....way back when. Sad to see it end. I am currently looking at a POLAROID digital for my second (well third actually) camera. It's a smaller one, good for trade shows or just having a little camera in my pocket. My big one is a little too big...especially when you are walking on the Navy Pier....lol

Jeanne said...

That is a shame. Although I'm totally digging my digi I would never give up film entirely.

Colors of Me said...

congrats on being featured on cookie's blog!!! i love that organizer!!

Theresa said...

Just shows you what I know, I thought the polaroid film was coming back into fashion!! Arh, clever marketing, say you are going to discontinue, get lots of people to plead for return, then return with a higher price tag? Hmmm, do you think?
Have a good weekend.

Mim said...

Well, you could always stock up and refrigerate it! My Dad worked for Poloroid for 45 years and we always had a refigerator in the basement specifically for film. You can keep it past its 'due' date so to speak!
Good luck!

Amy said...

I totally agree...so many of our old family pics are with polaroids... you should go out like Elaine did in Seinfeld when they stopped making Today contraceptive sponges and buy out the entire city's supply...LOL...just think how much that stuff is going to be going for on ebay now....

Linda said...

hey girlfriend! love your new blog banner! very sad news about the poloriod...even tho i don't own one...it just feels like something from my childhood is ending. so you'd better go on ebay and buy as much as you can in case you get a hinker to take a poloroid! lol!!!
L.