
What a fun racing weekend, and can you say "one happy camper"! Yes, that is a driver in that photo with me. It is my driver Ryan Newman. I was able to meet him on Saturday at a special appearance promoting his Pit Road Pets book, where all the proceed from the sale of this book go to the Ryan Newman foundation, to help out the Humane Society of Catawba County's capital campaign to build a no-kill animal shelter in Hickory, North Carolina. So my book was signed, along with my #12 baseball cap. A fun meeting and can you say cutie!
Overall, the entire time there was a good time! The men were lucky enough to get a special tour of the garage area and pit road (photo's coming soon). The person who took the men on this tour, was suppose to take us gals to meet Bobby Labonte (who is one my all-time favorite driver), but this didn't happen, so there was no meeting. Don't worry Lance, Kelli & I won't forget that one.
Now if you are a race fan, I'm sure you found the race exciting. Lots of suspense at the ending, when it was a guessing game, if there would be enough gas in Jr's gas tank to finish the race. So this made for a race to remember, but seeing Jr winning here after not winning a cup race in so long, was good to see.








2 comments:
That is so cool except for missing out on meeting LaBonte. I like Jr. Awesome you got to see him win. Can't wait to see more pics!
Lucky you meeting Mr Newman. Too bad about LaBonte, that would have been cool. That was an exciting race, wish I could have seen more of it, but we DVR'd it and watched it later...not the same.
Let's see more pictures.
Post a Comment