Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nascar - Slide Show

First-
Happy 9th Birthday Sarah!!! Today is my youngest birthday, so a little shout out to her.

Here's a peek of the photos taken from the Nascar trip - all the pit road/garage area pictures were taken by Don. I am not sure if you can read the sign in the photo of 2 guys standing by the fence with a sign behind them, but it states on the sign that you can't sell tickets for the event - well these two quys are holding their homemade sign, wanting tickets for the truck race - but when we saw this the guys were standing on the other side of the fence and didn't see the sign that was posted, so we asked them if we could take their picture in front of it, and they allowed us. It's one of those had to be there moments, it was quite funny at the time.
Well enjoy the pictures, the real racing ones were taken with my Rebel, which is the film version, and need to be developed, but these pictures give a tad peek at our time there.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love all your pictures Carolyn! You realize watching it on tv it must be big but you really captured the size. Love the track views and the cars lined up. Also like the way you put your slide show together!

Picture This said...

Great pictures C-Don. I LOVE the Ice Road Truckers racing game, that looks too funny! I will have to let Nick look at these later, he'll get a kick out of them. While I was watching them run through the song "Rocket Man" was playing....very appropriate I think....lol

I am eagerly awaiting the chance to take a new photo at CHA. Should be fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carolyn! Happy Birthday to your little one. =)

Picture This said...

Happy Birthday to SARAH...sorry I forgot to give a shout out to her....I was so excited about the NASCAR stuff, i got distracted....

dianna said...

I've been to A race at Talledega ONCE (that'll probably be IT for me) and I must say, I don't know which tailgaters were more interesting... Parrotheads or NASCAR fans.
Both are drunk before 11:00am *!*

(now that I think about it...as far as "interesting" goes, NASCAR has the Parrotheads beat!...but it's close ;)

Rita said...

Great photos -- and happy, happy, happy belated b-day to Miss Sarah! How in the world are our kiddos NINE now??? *sniff*