Thursday, January 17, 2008

Homemade Rub On - 101

I seen some of you asked about the homemade rub on. So I am going to tell you how you can make your own homemade rub on. It's so EASY!

1. Go to your local Hobby Lobby ( if there is no HL in your area, use the link below to see who might carry this product, you must get the following product, for success)

2. This is the product you need to purchase - Rub Onz by Grafix. Here is a link to their website, you can find participating stores on there to - http://www.grafixarts.com/rubonz.htm

3. Once you have your Rub Onz product, hurry home.

4. Find something you really want to make a rub on of. As you can see I needed to make a quote for a ATC card, and I really wanted to put it on the card, so it looked like it came that way, and not hide all the distress ink. But if you want a design instead of words, it will work great too.

5. Now just get your image or word(s) you want, and prep it to be printed through your printer. You will now take a sheet of the frosted looking paper that is in the products package, and load it into your printer (detailed instructions are included with product). Once loaded PRINT!

6. Now that you have your image or word(s) printed. There is a second kind of sheet in your products package, it has a blue background to it. This sheet is actually an adhesive, and it's simple to use. I really suggest that you do this, trim that blue sheet to the size your image/word(s) that you have printed on your "frosted" sheet. No waste this way. Once you have done this, peel the blue backing off the sheet, and stick right on your image. After adhering it I used my brayer and made sure there was no air bubbles. Now let this set for 15 minutes.

7. Ok, time is up! Now you are going to trim as close as you can to your image. Really this is very simple to do. Once you have done this, you are going to peel away that original "frosty" sheet, the one that came out of the printer. The image is now ready to use on your project. Apply it like you would any normal store boughten rub on. Of course this one is better, you made it yourself.

side tip - use mirror image when printing. a real must with words.

This was your homemade rub on 101.

5 comments:

Christi said...

I am going to have to try this because it is too cool!! Thank you so much!

Love your cards and that you are doing this challenge again because I so enjoy seeing your cards throughout the year! They inspire me! (((hugs))) smiles!

Linda said...

how cool is that! i must get me some!!! thanks for the lesson, teacher carolyn! lol!

L.

Nancy said...

thanks for the directions!!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the instructions! Back to Hobby Lobby I go!! LOL

Rita said...

Sounds like it's not too difficult -- thanks for the tutorial!!! I may have to try this too!