Sunday, January 27, 2008

Three Little Birds

No point in the title of this post, it's just a title to a Bob Marley song I like. You might hear it on my music that plays on here. I just thought it would serve well for a title to today's post.
Here is my card for week 4 Deck of Me challenge. The thing I like best on this one, is the pattern paper. This is paper from Fancy Pants, it's one of my favorite companies to work with, but I don't use a lot of embellishments when I use their paper. I don't want to cover the pretty design. I do this with Basic Grey paper, the paper can stand on it's own, and doesn't need to be overworked. I have a homemade album sitting somewhat done on my table, and it is done with Basic Grey. Now if I just had some wax thread on hand, so I could bind this book, it's one of those items that I keep forgetting to pick up.

Last week Michael's had a sale on their storage cubes, and at 50% off I just couldn't pass it up, and it was exactly what my bare wall in my scrap room needed. So I bought 8 cube, spent yesterday morning putting them all together (yes I did it all by myself) and now my bare wall looks like this (picture on right). Aren't they pretty! I'm sure I will have it filled in no time, but it's going to be so handy having these units for storage.

9 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I LOVE those storage cubes!
I really looked in to getting some for my scrapspace but the measurements weren't quite right for what I need (darn the luck!!)

Oh, and I adore Fancy Pants! One of my fave brands recently - especially their gorgeous rub-on's :0)

Nancy said...

those cubes are the best. Only if I had more room. now we need a photo when they are all filled.

Picture This said...

The cubes are awesome! Why does my Michael's never have cool stuff like that? And why are the cubes not filled already? I can imagine you will fill them up pretty quickly.

Cute card too, love the Fancy Pants papers.

Amy said...

oooh Carolyn...love your card and the cubes! can't wait to see what they look like all filled up!

Theresa said...

awesome cubes, and I bow down to you, as you are obviously a toolbelt diva!!
Card is just too cool. I hate hiding pretty paper too!!

Linda said...

beautiful card! me love fancy pants too!!! love those cubes!!! so want them! you need to take another photo after you have filled them up! :)

come over and play...

http://www.anotherangel.com/scrappad/

Amy said...

Carolyn...left ya sumpin at my blog!!

Christi said...

gorgeous atc, Carolyn! I feel exactly the same way about my bg and fancy pants...

LOVE those cubes...you are going to have so much fun filling them up!

It was fun seeing you at the chat last night! I wanna see your book when you get it bound! smiles...

cottagerca said...

love your music selection.

ava