Wednesday, February 06, 2008

blizzard condition & book shopping

Yep, I believe the two can go together, because this is what I did today. Oh I did go to work this morning, we had a staff meeting. By the time the meeting was over with, they shutdown the schools, this was due to the major winter storm we were getting hit with. (you know the one the news repeated over and over that was suppose to hit, and actually did) Well since I was in town and was very near a Barnes & Nobles, what better way to go home in a blizzard, then stop by a book store and pick up some good reading material, seriously who knows if we might get snowed in for days or something. Hey, you must think ahead sometimes, because when you do, you can also make a blog post with some very cool books to tell everyone about, and lets not forget maybe a blizzard pictures, added in for effect.

This book is so full of inspiration, I cannot wait to begin reading it. I am going to highly recommend this one. I also picked up the new Artful Blogging (thank you Christi for posting on your blog), I highly recommend this one too, it is put out by Somerset Studio. Now the next fun book I picked up today, boy B & N can be dangerousOh, I must share what it looks like out my window right now - can't see a darn thing. LOL

7 comments:

Picture This said...

Another snow day?....bunch of woosies.....LOL WE had our blizzard on Monday, but it didn't amount to much. I think Madison is getting hit pretty hard today though, I wouldn't want to be down there.

Hope you enjoyed your books, they look divine!

Amy said...

LOL..I hope that pic wasn't taken from the inside of your car! We're getting snow here too, I think I'd want to get snowed in with all those fun books to read!...I'm getting jealous of yours and Christi's B&N trips the past few days...I'm really going to have to get over there!

beth said...

HOLY SNOW!

happy reading and staying warm!

Christi said...

oh, stay warm, Carolyn! That looks pretty nasty!! I have {and have actually read} Living the Creative Life...it's VERY good!!! Have fun with your new books! smiles...

dianna said...

I read Corey's book a couple of months ago and I just LOVE it*!* Beautiful and SO inspiring.

BTW...72 here yesterday...
send some s*n*o*w !

Colors of Me said...

i can't belive that the snow storms did not settle a bit when they came through here - dumped about 14-16 inches on us - over 20 in some places - sounds like you got almost as much as us - if we were a little further north by dw, we would not have gotten anything -i am so missing the book stores - not allowed in a bn though lol - i guess that is the price for working for the competitors lol but the competitors just don't carry the 'creative' books - my stores don't have anything scrapbook or crafty in stock- guess i might just have to sneak into a bn lol

Jeanne said...

Oh such a lucky girl, a snow day and wesome reading material! Hope you appreciated and enjoyed it!