
I guess I didn't get to this yesterday. Shoot I can't even remember what I did yesterday. LOL But I will try and give a little review at what I have been reading lately.
Yes, I read this! It took about a day to read, and I have to say I was not disappointed reading this one. I found what she wrote interesting, and that this book did explain who she is and why things have happen the way they have in her life. So if you need something to read, this one could be the one for you to read. Like I said it is a quick read, and you might find a thing or two interesting in the book.
I have started to read this one, and I love it so far. Linda and Karen really take you on creative journey with this 2nd book of theirs. I love it! Now if you are looking to see traditional scrapbook layouts, this might not be the book for you. But if you want to get in a creative mood, then I highly recommend this one. Not only do they give you great tips to get going in your creative process, they are funny about it too. I also do think even if you don't find traditional scrapbook pages in this book, you will find things in here that can be applied to your work. It will help jump start you if you get into a rut in your creative process. Also you might learn something fun to do, when you need an creative outlet. This gets two thumbs up from me.
The book that I had searched everywhere for and finally got, was not a disappointment. I have been working myself through this one too, and enjoy what I am learning about creating my workspace to more my style. I also have to say just seeing the many rooms that they share in this book, has also been a big help and also fun to look at. Of course I would love one of these ladies to make a house call to my home and put my room in order for me, but I don't this that will happen any time soon. Another good book!
I am also very inspired by Doodling for Paper Crafters, by Maelynn Cheung. I am also taking
her class on this subject. Let me say I love both the book and the class. I am so not a doodler but with this book and her class I am giving it a stab at it and have actually learned a thing or two about doodling. Also in this book I got to see a friend of mine layout published it in. Linda Peterson did a awesome layout in it with a photo of Shannon on it, and some great doodling designs on the layout. I love seeing when my friends get a chance to share their layouts in publications.I also have another new book, but I haven't even cracked the pages on that one yet. It's titled Collage Unleashed, by Traci Bautista. And since I haven't had a chance to look at this one yet, I cannot share anything about it yet. But once I have time to do so, I will give you my thoughts on it. I can say the cover is great looking. LOL
So, this is my little book review for now.....








3 comments:
My goodness, you have been a busy little bee. Great book reviews...you make me want to go buy some!
Now, where is that clock?
DawnW
LOL -- Dawn will not leave you alone about that darn clock, will she!?!?
Great book reviews! I may have to pick up one or two of them soon. I haven't gotten a new inspirational book in a while.
you have been so busy. thanks for the reviews. i really want to check out the organized scrapbooker and possibly journal revolution.
Post a Comment