In the past 3 days our trees have really started to change colors. So I thought I better grab the camera and get a couple of pictures of them, before all the leaves fall off of them. Because it won't be long now, before that happens, and they will become bare looking, and nothing to look at.If you start with this first photo I took, this would be left of my house and would lead into the second photo, which is what I see when I look out my scraproom window. So you see there isn't much to look at around our home, except for trees,
so when they do turn color, it gives you a little extra to look at.In a few hours, I will be heading down to the Motor City aka Detroit. To the place we call Hockeytown aka Joe Louis Arena. The home of the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Where I will be seeing Van Halen perform tonight. It should be an exciting concert, it's getting great reviews so far. Plus we should have a fun adventure today. We are planning on doing a few things prior to the concert, while we are in Detroit, also the reason we are leaving early on this road trip.

As I posted the other night we got hit by some nasty storms. So after signing off the computer. I decided it was a no better time to work on this weeks art journal challenge from Emily. This weeks prompt was Magic Carpet and where would yours go. I put Ireland on mine, because it's a place I would love to go and visit. On my card I used Rusty Pickle pp, then with a gold gel pen I outlined all of the design that was on the pp, then I took some Basic Grey (color me silly) fiber and put it on the end edges, to create a magic carpet look. I then used Maya Road rub ons (destination word & airplanes), and American Craft sticker letters for Ireland. I also did a little hand doodling with a black gel pen. Since I am suppose to practicing my doodling. I do believe this is the first time I am completely caught up on the Emily challenges before the next prompt. It's a good feeling.








4 comments:
What a gorgeous view of the fall foliage you have! We don't have many colors here yet, but with our drought, it could be a bad year for colors.
LOVE your Em card! You are getting good at the doodling!
I hope that you had fun at the concert...
smiles!
Very pretty view you have and lovely trees. Our trees are already almost bare, we had peak color almost two weeks ago...boohoo
Nice cards, you are doing a FAB job. Have fun at that concert, sorry I can't go with you. :)
DawnW
Beautiful pictures. I'm hoping to get some today as we finally have enough color and the rain stopped.
Nice photos, have fun at the concert, I know the put on a great show! Our trees in the yard are almost bare.
Post a Comment