Monday, September 24, 2007

Harvest Moon....

Well this is what the moon looks like right about now. Of course it's a bit grainy from using just my smaller camera, that doesn't have the good zoom lens like my rebel, but it's a peek of the full moon. I would like to call it the harvest moon. Hey it is Fall time and farmers are getting ready to take off the crops soon.

I would like that moon to sprinkle down some magical moon dust. I know someone who could use a little magical moon dust.

Today was a pretty big day here in Michigan and other places in the United States. General Motors employee's went out on strike. I know everyone out there might not agree with things like these, but I give them a WTG for this action. You may ask why or you may not care about this matter, but I do. Why do I care? Because it's time that this country starts protecting what we manufacture in this country. My husband just left a good job about a year ago that was in the auto manufacture business, because he knew that the company was moving it's operation to Mexico. This is a United States top 500 Fortune company that made a good profit. I'm sure a better one now. What cracks me up the auto parts that this company produces, will now be made in Mexico, then shipped to Canada, then back to the U.S. Does this make any sense to you, because it sure in the heck doesn't to me. All I see is cheap labor, so the company can profit more. Ok enough blah, blah about that. Just something that I can rant about. LOL But, also made me think about being more concern about buying USA made products. I praise the companies that continue to make their products here in the USA, and I need to support them.

Wow what a post I made tonight! I don't know what got into me... Maybe it's that I believe that people should stand up in what they believe. See I had a point somewhere in this long boring post.

5 comments:

Picture This said...

I am SO there with you. The company my hubby works for used to be a "proudly made by American's in America with American parts" company, but it has gotten so hard to find parts that are actually made in the US that they can't even make that claim anymore! they tried their darnedest to still keep to that philosophy, but it's hard when everything moves to another country.

DawnW

Rita said...

Not a boring post whatsoever! I think people should stand up for what they believe in.

Love that photo too -- it just looks like Fall!

Nancy said...

Beautiful moon, it looks like the one by our house LOL
And its not a boring post. Good points there.

Linda said...

what an awesome photo! i hear you on the made in america stuff....

L.

Rita said...

Hey girl -- me again -- just had to tell you I love your slide show at the bottom of your blog and your music!!! Two thumbs up! :)