Friday, September 07, 2007

I Made It....

That would be I made it through the first week of work, after the summer break.

Ok, it wasn't too bad, but still would prefer to be on summer break. LOL And, if it wasn't bad enough going back to my regular job. I have also been spending my free time at my Mom's new rubber stamp store. I think I might have a second job and I didn't know I was looking for one. But hey I have to admit this one is funnier then the regular job, but we are talking about working with creative supplies, how can that be real work. Right?

Anyhoo, today was the day the doors opened at Mom's store and from the time that the store opened it doors, it had a nice steady flow of rubber stamp shopper coming in through that door and buying supplies. I have to say it was pretty exciting to see that! And can you believe this, I keep forgetting my camera to get some pic's of the new store. I must share some pic's soon, she did an amazing job on redoing this store. One thing I can say about my Mom, she knows how to decorate. I really believe she is going to do really well with her new venture.

Now I must make note to self....super glue camera to self...no more forgetting it.

6 comments:

Christi said...

oh, yes, we definitely need pictures. :D I am sorry that you are back at work, but happy that your first week back went smoothly. smiles...

Picture This said...

Too bad about the return to work at the regular job, but the "new job" will be so much fun! I know at my current job it is like a never ending fun party...with a little work thrown in.
Congrats to your mom and good luck on her venture.

DawnW

Jeanne said...

All good things must come to an end and summer sure is one of them. The work at your mom's store sounds like a lot of fun. Does she "pay" you in supplies hehe?

Theresa said...

Now THAT sounds like a cool "job". Yes, must have pictures. Glad the first week back was fine, may it continue that way!

Linda said...

i really need to see photos! and a road trip might be in order once my life settles down. :)

Kimberly said...

Hi Carolyn, I found your blog from CMK...and how fun to read more about you! How fun to have your mom loving this great creative outlet with you...Good Times for sure! :)
I hope to see some photogaphs of your mom's stamp store soon too! :)
PS...LOVE the quote you have in your siggy from KH...so fun and true.
Loves,
K