Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What 20 Years gets You.....
















Oh I have to laugh .... this is what was in mailbox at work yesterday...

It's a white card, with our works logo on it, a metal pin attached to it that's maybe a little over an inch long, with 20 on it. This is what you get for 20 yrs of service at work. Personally, I would much rather have a nice bonus, or how about a early retirement buy out, I could go for that... LOL

And, what really cracks me up, was I reached 20 yrs months ago, but I see they didn't even print these out until June, shoot I'm already over half way to 21 yrs. But hey they said Thank YOU! What's an employee suppose to say to that. Maybe I should send them thank you's for the lovely metal pin, and let them know I will wear it with honors, or that I am going to place it in a glass case, with a hired guard to watch over it. LOL Oh I am just trying to be funny here, because I think receiving this pin is funny. Just laugh along with me, because that is exactly what I am doing while I type this out.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

LOL its better than a sharp stick in the eye LOL
And at least they remembered. But they should have done this is yellow and black LOL

Picture This said...

Is it bad that I think the pin is kinda cool (in a scrapbooky kinda way)...LOL. I hope that is not all you'll get, but it is really sad that they just stuck it in your work mailbox and didn't have some sort of ceremony or at least do it in person. And I agree with Nancy, it should have been yellow...don't they understand symbolism?

DawnW

Christi said...

LOL! It's the thought that counts, right?!? :) smiles...

Rita said...

LOL -- you crack me up girl! A glass case with a guard...hee hee...

Congrats on 20+ years though -- that rocks!

Linda said...

LOL!!! that is too funny! i bet you feel so wanted and will proudly hang your certificate and where your pin everyday!!! LOL!!