Wednesday, August 22, 2007
A Day of Reflection
Have to say today is a somber day.
Yesterday the day had been going pretty normal, until late afternoon. I had just got off the phone with a friend, and had walked into the kitchen where Don was, then I noticed by the back door the dog had got sick. Then Don came around to the living room and noticed that the Shelby was laying there not looking to good. He knelt down by the dog, and thought at first she was having one of her seizures, but she wasn't. Just not looking good and her stomach looked very bloated, he said to me to get on the phone to my sister (who works for our Vet). So that is what I did. I handed the phone to Don and he explained Shelby's condition to her, she told him to get Shelby there. So Don took off with Shelby...... Well Shelby didn't make it, she passed away on the way to the vet's. I wish I was good with medical terms and could explain what happen, but I am no good at that. Basically the condition Shelby faced was very serious and usually fatal. What we can be happy about is we had 10 1/2 yrs with Shelby and for the most part was a great dog to have as part of this family. She will be missed, she was the protector of our home, and the best ball fetcher anyone has seen, that dog could go for hours fetching a ball.
I put a little slide together of Shelby. Some of my older layouts, her love of apples, chasing the chicken, and the most recent was taken by Sarah, she was laying by Don's crutches.
signing off ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










6 comments:
Poor dear Shelby. So sorry for your loss. Love the photo collage of her moments as your faithful companion. Give Sarah a big hug.
DawnW
Oh Carolyn I'm so very sorry for you all. Will light a candle for Shelby tonight. {{HUGS}}
AWWWW Shelby will be deeply missed, she was a great dog, Barqs and Lucky send doggie hugs too.
Tell Sarah ancy sends lots of hugs.
Oh Carolyn, I'm so sorry for your loss of Shelby. Hugs!
I am so sorry, Carolyn. The slide show is beautiful! It looks like she was a wonderful dog. ((((hugs)))) for you and all the family...
Oh Carolyn -- you brought tears to my eyes! I'm so sorry about your sweet Shelby -- my heart just breaks for you! Many, many hugs to all of you! I hope Sarah is okay.
Post a Comment