Wednesday, August 08, 2007

paint shopping - shocking news - painting

Yep! That about sums up the day today.....

The mission today was to go to the hardware store get paint for the room, which did happen. I came home to start the job of painting the room, got in my paint clothes, and then a phone call that you don't want to get. The phone call was about a person who I spent many years with, and was like a second Mom to me. From the time I was around 8 yrs old until I became an adult, this person took care of me during those year like one of her children. Well today I had to make a mad dash to my hometown to a funeral home. This second Mom of mine, name Carolyn (the only other person growing up that I ever knew who had the same name as me), was killing while riding on a motorcycle with a friend in the UP of Michigan. I had to make the mad dash there today, because today was the only day her remains would be here, tomorrow the family and beloved Carolyn will be heading back to the UP of Michigan, where she had resided for many years, and were Carolyn's last husband is laid to rest. I am sadden that my time was limited, but I thank God that I got the phone call about this, it would've just heartbroken me to not know about this.

To Carolyn you were one very special person in my Life and I will miss you and love you always.
And to my extended family, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

..............................

Painting done for now..... will check tomorrow for any needed touch ups.

Signing Off!

5 comments:

Picture This said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Such a tragedy to lose someone like that. She sounds like she was a pretty special person. Hugs

On a bright note, you are only a few more days from High-speed!

DawnW

Christi said...

((((hugs))) for you, my friend. I am so sorry...

Scott said...

Sorry for your loss my Friend!! {{{HUGS}}}

Linda said...

oh Carolyn ((((hugs)))) i am so sorry to hear about your friend!

L.

Rita said...

Oh Carolyn -- I'm so sorry! Big, big hugs --