Gosh I used to like that song from the Mama and Papa's.
It's monday alright, and I should be jumping into the shower real soon here. I need to do some errand running today. The diet pepsi stock is getting low, and I need to stock up to feed my addiction. Plus I need to pick out some paint, the new scrappy space needs to be spruced up. I was able to get all the wallpaper down yesterday. I highly recommend using one of those wallpaper steamers, it works magic. I have never used one before, but I know now if I have ever wallpaper again, I will use one of these machines to remove it.
Counting down the days until that installer shows up on my porch to install that high speed internet. I just can't believe it's really going to happen, after all this time using only dial up, I'm going to final be able to surf with speed. So Exciting!
I would like to take a minutes and say a few words about how are scrappy mags, chose their contests winners. It really makes me wonder how they pick them. I was happy to hear a friend of mine was picked up for Scrapbook Etc. When she told me at CHA, I was so happy to hear the news, she does such wonderful work, and her layouts are always so nicely done. Then I have another friend, who just submitted some amazing layouts to another contest, and it wasn't picked up, which I find a real shame, the work was so well done, and what I felt like some amazing journaling written. That it makes me sad that there is work out there that isn't being seen in the mags and should be. Just wish it was easy to put a mag together, because I could fill it up with many people I know, who's work is so worth seeing.
Well, signing off for now, I need to get my day started. May today you find something interesting to do, or something fun comes your way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Good morning, Carolyn! I am so excited that you are finally going to get high-speed.
I know exactly what you are saying about the DT's and I am pretty sure that I know who you are talking. I am so excited that the one was chosen because I love her work!! On the other hand, I so totally don't understand why the other hasn't been picked up because she is SOOOO incredibly talented.
Glad to see you back blogging, girly!
smiles...
Hey Chick! you are just a bloggin'.
You are so right about the whole SB mag thing, but there are a lot of things that don't make sense, so I just try and remember that some of the most talented people are the ones you find at a message board/gallery...and not always the ones that get published...it makes me feel better anyway.
Hope you got your DP restocked...would hate to see you when that got too low...hehehe
DawnW
Hello Friend!
Glad you have decided to update and keep up the blog! Looks great!
Hi Carolyn, things sure are happening around your place..its funny you are taking your scrap room wallpaper down and I am searching for some totally over the top girlie stuff for mine....I have to tell you tonight I got on trade-me which is our version of your ebay a divine white chandelier....how O.T.T. and girlie is that??? now to find some pink and white damask paper....you are going to love the high speed...brilliant!
hey girlfriend! so glad you will be high speed soon!!! your family does know that you will be on the puter all the time now right? lol! didn't know you were redoing your scrap room...how fun is that? post some pics when it's done with your high speed bad self! lol!
L.
Post a Comment